If you belong to Digital marketing, you must be heard a name called SEO (Search Engine Optimization) which is of 2 types i.e., On page and Off page. In one of my previous post, I already talk about the SEO Off page ranking factors. So moving to the On page SEO factors they all are referred to the work done on your own website only but are responsible for the ranking of Search Engine Rankings.
- Keywords: They are the words or maybe phrases that user’s put in their Search bar and it shows the most relevant results accordingly. Find the keywords that describe your business in the most prominent manner and already ready to do the action. Select the ones that are low in competition and high in traffic and you can find the data in Google keyword planner. Optimal keywords can help you in ranking your website on the top of Search results. Focusing on long tail keywords are better than the exact ones. The targeted keywords are meant to be used in the Meta title, Meta description and also the content but keep in mind about the Keyword proximity and prominence.
- SEO- Friendly URLs: Never use longer or ugly URLs. Your relevant keyword should be adjusted in the Uniform Resource Locator.
- Ok, so let’s be clear about the basics. Why do users visit your website? Probably the answer is content. Yes, content is the most important factor for ranking on almost every Search Engine. Whatever your topic is, stick to the niche only. Try to use sentences of maximum 4 sentences and also the shorter ones. No need to use those unnecessary words and active tense that creates confusion. The content you are finalizing or may be refreshing should be focused on the action and relevancy.
- Any of your blogs must not take longer than 10 minutes to read. If it occurs, your user’s interest and your website’s bounce rate are may be at risk. You need to update your blog on a regular basis. Duplicate content can be your biggest enemy.
- Take charge of your UX (User Experience) that is needed to make your website understandable. Users are meant to navigate your website faster rather than keep scrolling on a single page. I am not recommending that you should optimize your website according to the User only but they are the ones who going to give you benefit but on the other side Search engines give you the ranking.
- Believe it or not, Meta tags are necessary and they are showing their importance for years. Title tags are defining your web pages to the Search engines as well as the users. They must be short and clear with a brief description. Meta descriptions will be of 320 characters from now. There may be numerous reasons for which Google is not considering your title tags and few of them are Keyword stuffing, Title is not matching up with the query or may be duplicate content.
- Understand the Google algorithms such as Panda and Penguin that are dedicated to serving the most relevant results for a keyword phrase put into the Search box.
Related post: http://www.yogeshgaur.com/seo-v-s-semwhats-better-and-why-learn-the-difference