How to improve keyword ranking in Google
Keywords are those search terms or phrases that users put into the Search box to get relevant results. Consider it as a compass that basically tells you where and how much to go.
Factors to be taken care of before starting your keyword research:
- Website’s (authority, number of pages, quality of content, etc.);
- Goals and the objectives (branding, exposure, traffic, leads, sales);
- Budget, resources and deadlines;
- Industry and competitive landscape.
What is Keyword research?
Keyword research is one of the most important and valuable (high returning activities) in the Search marketing. Ranking on the right keyword is important enough to make or even break your site. This is not only about getting ranking on the right keywords but for the potential audience. Suppose the user is searching for “Keyword research” and you are showing your content about “Keyword relevancy” so the chances are that the user is going to leave and ultimately increases your Bounce rate that is not good at any cost.
You need to ask yourself that are you serving your content relevant to the user’s search accordingly. Are they getting for what they come for when searching for a related keyword? Your traffic result should result in financial rewards. Usually we ignore some crucial fact that is estimating the competition for a particular keyword, there are search advertisements that are running along the top and to outrank them is a hard nut to crack, indeed.
Why are keywords important?
They are important to help find the leads and also to understand your content with its related topics. Your content needs to be found by Google’s web crawlers and then directly to your content. Keyword focused content is necessary after selecting and appropriate keyword. Higher ranking ensures your customer retention. Keyword difficulty, Search volume, Clicks, Clicks per search, Cost per click, Return rate, Number of words in a keyword and Include/Exclude terms are some important factors for the keyword research part.
Process for Keyword Research:
Search for the most related keywords and plug them into the Google Keyword planner and then pick up the best ones based on result data. For a successful keyword research, identify your niche topics as per the industry. A Niche Topic is a topic that your target customer is interested in. Google’s autocomplete feature can help you in getting the most related ones in no time. Google trends and Buzz Sumo can also be helpful in finding them.
To study your niche is a form of adding some sort of common sense right before discovering some great keywords that no one is targeting yet. Put yourself in the shoes of your to get some out of the box ideas or talk to the existing ones to be an active participant in all of your niche communities. Search volume is the overall search demand of a given keyword means how many times it has been searched in the search box that is an important metric to be keep in mind. More number of searches means more chances of getting clicks.
Conversion rate is the percentage of visitors that completes your desired goal out of the total visitors and higher rate shows the successful designing and marketing. To optimize your Conversion rate, test different elements on your page. Headline should be catchy and communicative. The site (Call to Action) button should be of high contrast color and keep the important page elements above the fold. Responsiveness is an important ranking factor so make sure your site is performing well on the landing Desktops as well as Mobiles and Tablets.
Types of Keyword:
- Unique Brand keywords are specifically used for your business signification that are unique and enough to understand by the user about your services. Yogeshgaur.com is a website that provides blog for Digital marketing so the brand keyword would be Digital marketing blogger.
- Fancy names are important and if you are running an e-commerce store, it is even more likewise. The competition level goes bit lower here with its uniqueness level.
- Generic keywords are the terms that are searchable and identifiable at the same time and have meanings with a wide scope. The conversion rate is may be lower due to wide scope of meaning. Like for the “Digital” keyword even the “Digital marketing” keyword falls under this category.
- Short tail keywords fall under the generic keyword category or you can say they are elaborated from them. Digital marketing is a generic term but Digital marketing training or Company falls under this category.
- Long tail keywords forms from 3-4 or may be more words that are quite easier to rank as they are even more effective for the audience. Optimizing your website for the long tail keywords is a must to increase the B2B sales with worth of time and effort. They give more targeted search results as they are more specific to the searchers need. The competition is lesser in both the organic as well as paid ad results. They are much more profitable with the lower bounce rated and higher average time on site and conversion rate.
Why keyword relevancy is important?
Keyword relevancy refers to the relevancy and importance of a keyword that is optimized on each of your webpage. It is highly recommended to optimize your website for the keyword relevancy to target only a few keywords on an individual page basis. Targeting too many keywords can only make difficulty to determine the pages. Rather than over emphasizing your company name, keep your focus on ranking and keyword optimization. URL, H1 tag, Meta description, Title tag, Body content, Bold or italicized and Alt tags or image filenames are some of the important parts to put the keywords.