Make These 7 Tweaks to Your Blog Content and You’ll Naturally Generate More Sales
A good blog should empower, educate and delight your reader, or at least check off one of these. Blogs are a great way to engage with both current customers and potential customers, and encourage them to buy your product or service.
If you play your words right, your blog and business will become a knowledge center and make you a trusted authority in your field. When one of the biggest things you want for your blog is to increase your sales, bullpreneur wants to share with you seven adjustments that will help grow your business.
- Call to Action: It is very important to have a clear call to action. You want visitors to buy something specific or subscribe to your email list. Be sure that what you want the reader to do is clear and to the point. It’s important not to be sales because that can be a real turn off, but using active verbs can do a lot to turn up a sense of urgency.
- Turn Up the Creativity: Don’t be afraid to think outside of the box. Blog posts don’t have to reinvent the wheel, but you want there to be something to set yours apart from the others. Always be genuine and look for different ways to approach topics.
- Prioritize SEO: Search engine optimization or SEO is a big part of having a successful and sales-generating blog. Make your posts keyword rich so that web crawlers will rank your posts higher in search results. This improves your searchability and should improve your traffic. The goal of SEO is to get your page to come up first in search results.
- Leverage Social Media: What’s the point of writing an awesome post and not sharing it? Every time you add to your blog be sure to share it on as many social media platforms as you can. This will increase your exposure, traffic, and sales (if you write it right).
- Frequency: The more you write, the more pages that are generated. This gives you better searchability and rankings with search engines and more content for potential customers. Websites that have regular updates are prioritized.
- Offer Something in Return: It’s a good idea to offer your reader something for their time. It doesn’t have to be the whole farm, but a discount code, information on tickets to an event related to your industry, or a cool template are just some of the things you can offer. Make your reader feel like they’ve spent their time wisely by visiting your blog.
- Length: Your blog posts shouldn’t be too long or too short. If it’s too short it won’t be on any search engine’s radar and too long of a post looks like spam. You only need about 600 words or so to make an impression on your readers and search engines.
When you’re meeting a reader’s needs, you are engaging with a potential customer. All of your readers won’t make a purchase, and all of your customers won’t read your blog, but your blog is still an important piece to your business and marketing strategy. It will increase your visibility, searchability, and establish you in your industry.