If you have a blog, chances are you already understand the significance of business blogging. But do you understand how to optimize your blog posts to obtain them more search engine friendly?
The fact is, many bloggers fail to take benefit of the enormous retailing potential of their blogs. By providing fresh, consistent content and performing primary blog post optimization, you can take advantage of the many advantages blogging offers.
Here are six simple search engine optimization (SEO) tips to help get your blog noticed.
- Do your research: Keyword research is necessary for on-page optimization. Chances are you are naturally including keywords without understanding it simply by providing valuable content on a topic. However, there are a variety of tools also techniques for finding related keywords relevant to your blog post that you may not have considered. The Google Adwords Keyword Tool both offer great tools that enable you to find keywords linked to your topic and even spy on your competition to see what words and the phrases they are targeting to bring up traffic to their sites.
- Utilize keywords completely your post: Once you have obtained targeted a couple of valuable, relevant keywords, it is necessary to place them where they will have the most impact for humans and search engine crawlers arranging your content. Try to include them in the following places:
- Headings and subheadings
- Introductory sentence
- Concluding paragraph
- Anchor text (text you hyperlink to the other related pages on your site)
- Title tags and meta descriptions
A word of caution: Don’t engage in keyword stuffing, which is the performance of filling your content with so many keywords that it becomes difficult to read. Not only will this aggravate your blog followers, but it will also get you blacklisted by Google. A couple of strategically located keywords will do the trick.
- Optimize up your images: At the time when you upload any photo on your blog and be sure to insert the keywords in the file name and fill out the alternate text field including a brief, keyword-rich description of the photo.
- Reference others with links: When you consider another blogger or article in your blog post, insert a link to the information you are referencing. Not only is it great blogging etiquette, but you may also get blessed and receive a link back. Quality links are a precious commodity for any site looking to rank higher in search engine results pages.
- Allow the readers to subscribe up to your blog:Include prominently located RSS or Feed Subscription Buttons and offer to viewers the ability to subscribe to your posts through email when possible. This will allow your blog followers to have prompt notification of your latest posts without having to periodically check your site for new content.
- Use social media to expand up to reach up of your blog posts: As a small business, you may be utilizing Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or other social media sites to build connections with potential and current customers. Why not to promote your blog content on these sites for even more web exposure? Free applications like Hootsuite make it easy to post links to your latest blog post on all of your social media sites with just some clicks. You can even schedule up your posts ahead of time!
By following these easy SEO tips, you can promote higher rankings in SERPS, increased web traffic, and higher customer conversion rates.