Digital marketing can be an insane game. Most of the digital marketers have so many projects going on at once that obtaining a way to stay organized isn’t an option– it’s an absolute necessity. Between managing tracks of meetings, managing correspondence with clients, reviewing and sharing content, and the million other tasks you do every single day, making time to figure out an organizational strategy can fall through the cracks.
Don’t worry– I’ve prepared all of the work for you and gathered 3 essential organization tips every digital marketer should know. If you’re thinking scattered and overwhelmed, fear not. Rearranging is as simple as:
- Making the switch to cloud storage
- Keeping an analog checklist of weekly tasks
- Taking the time to create the agendas and recaps for meetings
- Keep all of your records organized and secure by switching to cloud storage.
Cloud storage receives a lot of buzz, moreover if you haven’t already made the switch to cloud storage, it might be challenging to understand why digital marketers need cloud storage. However, there’s a reason you understand so much about the benefits of cloud storage. Quite simply, whether you are a digital marketer or not, there are just a lot of benefits to moving to the cloud.
Why Digital Marketers Need Cloud Storage
Cloud storage is an exceptional option for digital marketers because it offers features like:
- Remote file storage. Holding all of your documents on your local device can quickly eat up storage space and bog down your device. When you change to the cloud, you can transfer files entirely to the cloud, which suggests they are stored on a remote server, freeing up more room for other things on your phone, laptop, or desktop computer.
- Improved security. How much experience do you put into securing your device? Chances are exceeding a passcode and your devices are more or less unprotected. Cloud storage platforms have the resources to ensure and secure the data stored on their servers in a way that individual users simply can’t match.
- Sharing made easy. Email is a tremendous way to work on collaborative projects. Large files take forever to send, and you’ll likely find yourself with more extended versions of the project than you know what to do with. Cloud storage platforms make sharing files and co-operating on documents as simple as typing in your colleague’s email address.
- Also, since digital marketers collect data from almost every medium such as email, video, PPC campaigns, social media, analytic tools – it can be very stressful to place all of these in separate locations. And this data would be worthless if it will not be brought to a single, common point. This is one of the reasons why digital marketers require cloud storage.
- Cloud storage enables digital marketers to input data from different sources in a particular location thus making it easier for them to study the data analyze them and eventually, create a better marketing strategy.
- Write (yes, actually write) a checklist of everything you have to do in each week.
As I’ve said initial digital marketing is a complex industry. Digital marketers rely profoundly on technology to get their job done– heck, its right in the name. Not only do the digital means make the type of campaigns digital marketers organize possible, but many digital marketers lean on digital tools like apps to manage their organization and productivity on track as well.
Your devices can be distracting, particularly when you work in a field that involves constantly sending and receiving a variety of communications. That’s why it can be difficult to use to-do list and schedule and calendar apps to stay on top of your tasks– every time you sit down to get organized and you’re likely prevented by a text, email, or other notification.
Make it easier to concentrate on organization by taking your to-do list offline. Get a wall calendar, a desk calendar, a notebook, or whatever works best for you, and adhere to it!
- Create individual notes for meetings both before and after they happen.
Everybody knows that, if you need your meeting to be productive, you should walk into it with a plan. Having a clearly-defined agenda– and even better, a clear agenda that has been shared with your colleagues in advancement– helps you make sure that you hit all of your key points while you have everybody in a room or on one call.
However, notes aren’t just essential in preparing for your meeting– they are an essential part of keeping yourself prepared during and after the meeting as well. It’s perfect to assign someone to take meeting notes during the meeting, but this isn’t always possible. If you find yourself without an administrator set of meeting notes, take a few minutes at the end of the agreement to jot down the major takeaways:
- Problems solved either raised
- Goals plus deadlines
- Tasks and the people committed to complete them
- Important concepts and ideas
- Details concerning follow up meetings
The life of a digital marketer is a rambunctious one, but it doesn’t have to be unorganized. That’s precisely why digital marketers need cloud storage. And following these 3 tips is an excellent way to get yourself organized. What are your strategies for staying organized? We’d love to hear from you!