Birth and early life
Sundar Pichai was born on 12 July 1972 in Madurai, a middle-class family in Tamil Nadu. His full name is ‘Sundar Rajan Pichai’. His father Raghunath Pichai General Electric Co. In the Senior Electrical Engineer. His mother Lakshmi Pichai used to do the work of Stenographer. But he left the job after the birth of the younger brother of Pichai.
His childhood was spent in Chennai’s Ashok Nagar area. His family of four people used to live there in a small house of two rooms. His father’s income was limited, due to which his standard of living was simple. The comforts of TV, the fridge, the car were not available to them. His father emphasized on the education of his children more than the means of comfort.
When Pichai was 12, his father put the first dialer phone at his house. This was the first thing related to technology, which Pichai had seen at home. After getting a phone call at home, Pichai found a unique talent of himself. Whatever number they dial, they will be printed in their mind. They never forgot that number. Even today, many years old numbers remember them.
Initial and higher education
Sundar Pichai was a promising student of calm nature. Apart from studies, he was also interested in his sports. He was the captain of his school cricket team. Up to Class X, he studied with ‘Jawahar Vidyalaya’ located in Ashok Nagar, Chennai. After that, 12th standard IIT, from the Vana Vani School in Chennai.
By passing the IIT entrance examination at the age of 17, he got admission in IIT, Kharagpur. There, their branch was ‘Metallurgical & Material Science’. During his engineering (1989-1993) he was always the topper of his batch. In the year 1993, he topped his batch in the final examination and got the silver medal.
Education and initial job in the USA
After taking an engineering degree from IIT, Kharagpur, he went to study at Stanford University, the USA on the Sundar Pichai scholarship. In ‘Material Science & Engg.’ He did ‘Master of Science’. Due to the trend towards MBA, he earned an MBA from Wharton School of Pennsylvania University.
After doing MBA, he did the work of Project Management and Engineering in ‘Applied Material’. Then did the management consultant work in McKinsey & Company.
Access to Google
On April 1, 2004, Sundar Pichai went to give his interview in Google. That same day the company had launched the Testing version of Gmail. The interviewer asked them some questions regarding Gmail Pichai initially could not answer some of those questions properly. They felt that interviewers might have been joking about their April fool. But when they were asked to use Gmail, they could open their thoughts in front of them. Interviewers were so impressed with their views that they were immediately put on the job. His initial responsibility in Google was related to Google Toolbar and Search.
Project of Google Chrome
When the Sundar Pichai started working in Google, Google Toolbar and Search Engine used to be the default option in Microsoft Internet Explorer at that time.
One day he thought that Google should make his own web browser, because if one day Microsoft developed its own search engine and set the default option in Internet Explorer, then Google will be permanently deleted from there. When he held his proposal to CEO Eric Schmidt, he refused to approve it by calling it a lonely project. But Pichai remained firm on this and persuaded Google co-producers Larry Page and Sergey Brin to get Google Project approval in 2006.
This is what happened after the 6th of the Google Chrome project was approved, which Pichai was skeptical. On October 18, 2006, Microsoft suddenly removed Google from Internet Explorer and set Bing to its default search engine. Google used to get traffic of millions of traffic per day from Internet Explorer and earning millions of dollars per day. This was a great blow to Google.
But Pachai had already taken this situation to his senses. So in 24 hours with his team, he pulled out the Internet Explorer’s loop-hole search Because of this, the option of setting up your default search engine to Google once again appeared in a pop-up window in front of people who had moved on Bing. In this way, they retained 60 percent of Google users. After this shock by Microsoft, Google took a strategic move and signed it to HP and all the major computer distributors that they would default on Google Toolbar and its search option on their PC.
Promotion on the post of Senior Vice President
The foresight of Sundar Pichai’s saved Google from a major loss. Given their style and talent, they were promoted to the rank of Senior Vice President at Google. Pichai played an important role in the Google Chrome project When Google Chrome launched in 2008, it was Google’s greatest success until that time. Today Google Chrome is the most used web browser in the world.
Vice President’s post
After the success of Google Chrome, Pichai was made Vice President of Project Development in 2008. In 2012, he was made Vice President of Google App and Chrome. After leaving the project through Android maker Andy Rubin in 2013, Pichai took over the command and contributed to his outstanding contribution.
Today, with Microsoft Windows having the largest share of the OS in the Computer System, Google has the largest share of the OS in today’s personal phone. Behind this success is the handy leadership of Sundar Pichai.
Given their qualification, they were made a total head of all Google products in 2014. Which includes products like Google Search, Google Map, google plus, Google Commerce and GoogleAd.
A lot of credit for Google’s success goes to new innovations going on in Google and the leader who is working on these innovations is – Sundar Pichai.
Given their achievements, Google announced the company’s CEO on August 10, 2015. Simultaneously, Sundar Pichai has joined the people of Indian origin, who is a top official of the 400 billion dollar company. Today the annual income of Google CEO Sundar Pichai is $650,000.
A company like Google, where to get a job, is a big deal. It is a matter of pride for all Indians to reach the highest place of an Indian origin in that company.
Quick facts about Google’s founder Sundar Pichai
- Sundar Pichai was born in Tamil Nadu in 1972 and is now 43 years old. Their real name is Pichai Sundarajan, but they are known as Sundar Pichai.
- Sundar did not have the love of technology in childhood, he was the captain of his school cricket team.
- Sundar pichai’s memory is said to be tremendous. According to media reports, when the first telephone call was made in 1984 at his home in Tamil Nadu, then all the relatives resorted to the memory of Sundar with forgiveness of somebody else. Sundar remembered the minor details as well.
- Almost everyone knows that the Sundar Pichai has studied with IIT Kharagpur but few people know that they have become victims of ragging in college days.
- IIT Kharagpur was the favorite of the Raggers ‘Sundi’. Because they used to agree on Sundarly at one time. They used to dance on the table and dancing on their sayings.
- Sundar Pichai lived in a two-room house in Chennai. After engineering, he received the scholarship of Stanford University for further studies. At that time the financial condition of his house was so bad that his father had to take a loan for the air ticket of Sundar.
- After leaving for America to study, his wife Anjali was living in India. They did not have enough money to talk to Anjali by calling India. Many times it happens that they could not talk for six months.
- Pichai joined Google in 2004. At that time he was a product and innovation officer.
- In the career of Sundar Pichai, two things proved to be a milestone. First, they created Gmail and Google Map apps that became popular overnight. After this, Pichai made Android apps for all Google products.
- The Google Chrome that the whole world uses today is Sundar Pichai made with its own hands.
- Pichai has the art of team management. He always appreciated the work of his team and in every situation, he stood with the team. It’s a matter of time when Marisa Mayer was Google’s executive, Pitchai’s hours were sitting outside her office only to ensure that Marisa gave her a good performance number to her team members. (Now Marissa Mayer is the CEO of Yahoo.)
- American media considers Pichai as the right hand of Larry Page. And always go to the meeting with them. Pichai likes to speak less. They speak as much as it is necessary.
- Twitter has given a Sundar web of the jab in 2011. And they were ready, but Google gave Rs 305 crore for not leaving the job. Because Google knew that this band had a breath.
- When Twitter offered Job to Sunder in 2011, his wife only advised him not to leave Google. Both Sundar and Anjali have been engineered from IIT Kharagpur and during the final year, Sundar proposed to Anjali.
- At the end of 2013, Microsoft CEO’s race included Sundar Pichai. Steve Ballmer’s choice was also Sundar. However, later became CEO of Microsoft Satya Nadella.
- Pichai, are among Google’s people who have the experience of moving and running Google in the emerging market. They are considered to be better than Google Founder Larry page.
- Sundar Pichai is one of the most favorite people in Shahrukh Khan’s list.
- The name of Sundar Pichai daughter is Kavya Pichai and Son Keiron.